• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Balocco, Route 3 East

MJP

Anyone know anything about Balocco? It's apparently either part of or right next to the monastery on Route 3 East in Clifton. Google and forum searches yield no info.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

Anyone know anything about Balocco?  It's apparently either part of or right next to the monastery on Route 3 East in Clifton.  Google and forum searches yield no info.

No info on this new place since it changed ownership...once again.

I did know the owners of the previous establishment there. They sold because they had differing opinions on how to run the business..

I happened to drive by their sign on Grove St. today, which still says "View Restaurant" in huge letters, and "The Skyline" in tiny-almost-invisible letters directly above the word "View."

Nomenclature of the old place aside, shouldn't they put up a new sign if they have a new name?

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

I've had dinner there twice in the last year and have enjoyed it both times.  I believe they have live entertainment in the bar several nights a week.

Anything that really sets it apart food-wise?

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

They used to have a website under their old name, but I can't find it anymore. If you call them, they can tell you if they have a website and under what name.

I would not say that they have anything that sets them apart food-wise.

Susan