• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris Food 14th Arrondissement

John Talbott

Paris Food 14th Arrondissement

A compendium of existing threads

This is one of a series of compendia that seeks to provide information available in prior threads on eGullet. Please feel free to add links to additional threads or posts or to add suggestions.

La Regalade

14th

Dinner in the 14th

Montparnasse

This is it for threads primarily devoted to the 14th; restos like the La Cagouille, Grande Ourse, Severo, Bis de Severo, Montparnasse 25, Chopotte, Fils de la Ferme, Giufeli, l’Os a la Bouche, + Pavillion Montsouris, etc., can only be found by searching.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 2 years later...

I've popped this topic up for a couple of reasons.

First I saw IrishAdventurer's query

places to eat in the 14th arrondissement, where they're staying....... I've checked quite a few threads here, looking for information, but most of the things I've found out about the 14th was about places to be avoided (L'Auberge for example) rather than places that should be visited (like La Regalade).
and then I realized newer members may not know there are compendia on restaurants by arrondissement one can get at by searching.

In any case, even though IrishAdventurer's friends may not want places in the 14th any longer, I'd suggest several relatively new and in my mind, very fine places, actually worth a trip:

Le Bis de Severo

16, rue des Plantes 14th (Metro: Alesia)

T: 01.40.44.73.09

Open Tuesday to Saturday night

A la carte 35-70 € (depending on whether you have the beef)

L’Entêtée

4, rue Danville, 14th (Metro: Denfert Rochereau)

T: 01.40.47.56.81

Closed Sundays and Mondays

Menu-carte 30 € at both lunch and dinner and a 20 € menu for 3-courses with no choices.

La Cantine du Troquet

101, rue de l'Ouest, 14th (Metro: Pernety)

No telephone/no reservations

Closed Sunday nights and Mondays

A la carte from 30-40 €

L’Assiette

181, rue du Château, 14th (Metro: Pernety)

T: 01 43 22 64 86

Closed Mondays and Tuesdays

Lunch menu 25 €, evening menu 50 €, a la carte: 25-40 €.

Le Jeu de Quilles

45, rue Boulard, 14th (Metro: Mouton Duvernet)

T: 01.53.90.76.22

Open for lunch only Tuesday-Saturday and dinner Wednesday and Friday

A la carte 40-60 € (depending on meat chosen)

And our member Julot, loves:

Au Bistrot d’a cote

18, rue Lalande in the 14th (Metro: Denfert Rochereau)

T: 01.43.20.00.28

Closed Sundays

A la carte 30-40 €

John Talbott

I've popped this topic up for a couple of reasons.

First I saw IrishAdventurer's query

places to eat in the 14th arrondissement, where they're staying....... I've checked quite a few threads here, looking for information, but most of the things I've found out about the 14th was about places to be avoided (L'Auberge for example) rather than places that should be visited (like La Regalade).
and then I realized newer members may not know there are compendia on restaurants by arrondissement one can get at by searching.

In any case, even though IrishAdventurer's friends may not want places in the 14th any longer, I'd suggest several relatively new and in my mind, very fine places, actually worth a trip:

Le Bis de Severo

16, rue des Plantes 14th (Metro: Alesia)

T: 01.40.44.73.09

Open Tuesday to Saturday night

A la carte 35-70 € (depending on whether you have the beef)

L’Entêtée

4, rue Danville, 14th (Metro: Denfert Rochereau)

T: 01.40.47.56.81

Closed Sundays and Mondays

Menu-carte 30 € at both lunch and dinner and a 20 € menu for 3-courses with no choices.

La Cantine du Troquet

101, rue de l'Ouest, 14th (Metro: Pernety)

No telephone/no reservations

Closed Sunday nights and Mondays

A la carte from 30-40 €

L’Assiette

181, rue du Château, 14th (Metro: Pernety)

T: 01 43 22 64 86

Closed Mondays and Tuesdays

Lunch menu 25 €, evening menu 50 €, a la carte: 25-40 €.

Le Jeu de Quilles

45, rue Boulard, 14th (Metro: Mouton Duvernet)

T: 01.53.90.76.22

Open for lunch only Tuesday-Saturday and dinner Wednesday and Friday

A la carte 40-60 € (depending on meat chosen)

And our member Julot, loves:

Au Bistrot d’a cote

18, rue Lalande in the 14th (Metro: Denfert Rochereau)

T: 01.43.20.00.28

Closed Sundays

A la carte 30-40 €

An excellent list,except for l'assiette,where i had a disapointing dinner recently and i would add a favorite of John's, La Cerisaie,70 blvd E Quintet.Another one is Giufeli,129 rue de chateau.An under appreciated bargain .

An excellent list,except for l'assiette,where i had a disapointing dinner recently and i would add a  favorite of John's, La Cerisaie,70 blvd E Quintet.Another one is Giufeli,129 rue de chateau.An under appreciated bargain .

l'Assiette is a mixed bag, agreed; but do you find Nuxis under Thierry Curiale since last June as good as Guifeli as it was under Michel Craca? I am guilty about my fall in custom of La Cerisaie.

John Talbott