• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Is this even Chef English?

Kim Shook

EVOO. Especially if you're going to say it as a time-saving device, and then go ahead and explain what it means. EVERY FREAKIN' TIME!

-another one who races for the remote at a certain time of the day. Except I can't watch Sandra either.

Pontormo  Posted Today, 08:17 PM

References to Rachael Ray and EVOO imply she is a chef.

She is not.

That was funny!

That's true, she's no longer a TV chef, she's a talk show host starting next week.

I say E.V.o.O. sometimes, makes me feel in touch with the people (who are mostly Rachel Ray fans).

I say E.V.o.O. sometimes, makes me feel in touch with the people (who are mostly Rachel Ray fans).

i say "EVOO" *all* the time because it's an effective and efficient way of communicating.

i've noticed that a lot of people in this world aren't all that concerned with communication, though, so I understand their angst. and i ignore them and their angst, for the most part.

i say "EVOO"  *all* the time because it's an effective and efficient way of communicating.

i've noticed that a lot of people in this world aren't all that concerned with communication, though, so I understand their angst.  and i ignore them and their angst, for the most part.

*chuckles*