• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Resto Wedding for 16 guests. Suggestions?

Hello Everyone!

I have some friends getting married October 28, 2006 in Montreal. :wub:

They're a young couple (Bride: Chinese; Groom: French) with a small budget for their wedding dinner with close friends. Guests total 16 and are not big alcohol consumers.

With your help, I'd like to recommend them a few places that meet the following criteria:

1) $30 per person (incl. tx + tip)

2) able to accomodate 16 people, prefereably if they have a small private room

3) cuisine suitably nice for a wedding dinner

4) not too loud of a place

5) IF POSSIBLE, BYOW prefered butnot essential

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :cool:

P.S. Also looking for a nice place to perform the wedding ceremony. I suggested Lafontaine Park, but it might be too cold then... Victoria Square risks to be TOO Public and worried that there might be another wedding there the same time... Anywhere to suggest that's Public and indoors?

============================

========== Albert ==========

Off the top of my head, I'D say Christophe. It's BYOB and they have a private room, don't know if it's large enough though and the price range might be a little higher. But definitely quiet and great.

I had mentionned Christophe's second floor to them but I think they find the price a little too high :( I've been ther ebefore and dinner for two was $150...

Thanks and let me know if anything else comes to mind. Maybe Italian can be cheaper? :smile:

========== Albert ==========

You might want to consider Apres Le Jour (901, rue Rachel E corner Saint-André).

I think the price range is about right, they have the space for a large group and its bring your own wine. I have never eaten there, but maybe someone has some input on the food/service.

You might want to consider Apres Le Jour (901, rue Rachel E corner Saint-André).

I think the price range is about right, they have the space for a large group and its bring your own wine.  I have never eaten there, but maybe someone has some input on the food/service.

Give a call to Vintage (portuguese resto) on St-Denis (corner Mont-Royal). They have a very nice second floor with a huge table.......

They might be able to arrange something at 50$/person....