• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wow wines of dif, styles

Andre

Pinotage Hartenberg, Stellenbosch 2001

Dark, intense deep cherry-black cherry color.

Concentrated liquorish aromas of raspberries and spice. Sweetness of fruits leads the nose blending with spice and tobacco in an attractive manner.

Very concentrated in need of several minutes in the glass to open.

Soft ripe and mouth-filling with just the right amount of acidity to back up the ripe sweet fruit.

Develops into a round, fruity, well balanced wine with complimenting subtle oak , and an excellent use of oak it is !

Although not too deep or long, this is a concentrated fruit driven wine with complimenting oak, soft ripe and very well balanced.

Drink now – 2008.

Brunello di Montalcino Banfi 1997

Very dark red, almost black color with lots of depth.

Spice and lingering wood bouquet begin the acquaintance with this sleeping hulk. Minutes and almost 3 hours later and concentrated syrupy raspberry and casis syrup start to surface with remarkable dominance.

Full bodied with lots of now dominant acidity, spice and herbs impressively balanced with a very long off dry, fruit driven and earthy finish.

A wonderful show now starting to open-up.

Drink 2007-2016.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.