• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast Cereal

Fat Guy

"General Mills charging $13 for box of ‘Morning Summit’ cereal"

Well, General Mills is kicking up a notch for the health nuts with its new health-conscious breakfast item: Morning Summit cereal.

Among the whole grain wheat flakes are other yummy, healthy foods such as almonds, dried cranberries, dried cherries and pumpkin seeds.

And this flavorful cereal packs a powerful punch to your mouth and wallet. That’s right, the more than two-pound box retails for $13 per box — depending on where you buy it.

Other retailers like Walmart are selling the box for just under $27, which beats Amazon‘s price of roughly $32.

I think someone at General Mills has been hitting the hard sauce a little too early in the morning. :B

• Confused 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

4 hours ago, Toliver said:

"General Mills charging $13 for box of ‘Morning Summit’ cereal"

I think someone at General Mills has been hitting the hard sauce a little too early in the morning. :B

Pretty sure I saw this one at Costco for north of $10 for a box.  I'd be happy to sample it, but it would have to make my pour-over for me in the morning for me to be ready to pay that much for a box of cereal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch releases 'Cinnadust' seasoning blend to sprinkle on your ice cream"

You can now add Cinnamon Toast Crunch-flavored seasoning to your breakfast toast, and virtually everything else. 

The B&G Foods-owned brand announced on social media that it's releasing a "Cinnadust Seasoning Blend" that tastes like the spice that gives Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal its defining flavor.

The offering is a mix of cinnamon and sugar with hints of vanilla and graham to "capture the unmistakable taste of a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal," the company said in a statement.

• Haha 1

Tim Oliver

"General Mills to sell Lucky Charms marshmallows in limited-time pouches"

If you've ever wanted only the tasty and sugary "marshmallow charms" from a box of Lucky Charms cereal as a sugary snack, it's your lucky day.

General Mills, which makes Lucky Charms, Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and numerous other cereal brands, plans to sell pouches of Lucky Charms marshmallows as a limited-time item.

I'm not a fan of the cereal but I am posting this for those who are.

You're welcome.:B

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Oliver

I think Lucky Charms are a nostalgia thing. How any times did you catch your sibling rifling through the box to get all the tasteless but colorful marshmallow things

Edited by heidih (log)

Gonna go with the questions from the original post...

Do you like cereal? Yes.

Do you add anything to it? Not usually, other than milk.

Do you eat it for breakfast, or at other times? Mainly breakfast, occasionally other times.

Do you eat it with milk? Yes.

Do you use it in recipes? No. Well, no-ish… I'm not opposed to some Rice Krispie Treats. 

What are your favorites? The last question requires a little more than a quickie answer. There's the cereal that I eat every day. Literally, every morning unless I plan a nice breakfast on a Sunday or holiday. That's my All Bran Buds. I wouldn't necessarily call it a favorite based on eating enjoyment but it does a dandy job of keeping the pipes clean. :D A little fruit added goes a long way towards making it more enjoyable but I keep it at work since I'm there so early and usually forget to take fruit in. As far as favorites I actually enjoy eating, most are definitely from the guilty pleasures category. I like Cap'n Crunch, especially the peanut butter version. I like both Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles. I like Corn Pops and I like the original Life (not a big fan of the cinnamon version). I also like Frosted Mini Wheats, original and brown sugar. Yep. there's a major swing between the cereal I actually eat and the cereal I'd probably rather be eating. :P

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.