• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: Chocolates & Cakes

lannie

I'll be heading out west again, and have a hankering for some delectable chocolates and cakes. :biggrin:

The last time I was in Vancouver, I tried Thomas Haas chocolates (Yum! Esp. the Campari ones...) and Ganache Patisserie (delicious and very well-constructed mini cakes).

Are there any other can't-miss chocolatiers and patisseries in town that I must try? Thanks!

The Sweets And The City thread should provide you with plenty of ammunition.

Ganache Pâtisserie is my spot of choice for pastries, and my favourite place for a chocolate fix is Chocolate Arts on West 4th in Kitsilano. Their Carmelita chocolate is sugar nirvana.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be heading out west again, and have a hankering for some delectable chocolates and cakes.   :biggrin:

The last time I was in Vancouver, I tried Thomas Haas chocolates (Yum!  Esp. the Campari ones...) and Ganache Patisserie (delicious and very well-constructed mini cakes). 

Are there any other can't-miss chocolatiers and patisseries in town that I must try?  Thanks!

Check out Chocoatl (1127 Mainland in Yaletown) for some wonderful homemade chocolates, pastries, and chocolate drinks. And, if Themis (the owner) is around a little chocolate lesson to boot.

LB

Edited by LordBalthazar (log)

www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

Somewhere I have had an excellent molten chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream, but I can't think where. If it comes to me I will post!

Barolo has reminded me, it was at Diva at the Met.

Also, the Chocolate Pâté at Aurora Bistro is wonderful stuff, and the Coupe Glacée at Parkside has excellent chocolate ice cream, as well as homemade marshmallows that are worth the trip all on their own.

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies