• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cheap dinner for 2 and ent book trading

njpetsitter

My husband and I don't drink....I like to go out most every night because I hate cooking and it's the only quality time we get to spend....we live in west orange and would like recommendations for restaurants in our area, montclair, verona, west orange, east hanover, livingston, south orange...I use the entertainment book when I can and I am always looking for Japanese entertainment book coupons (Yoshi Sono) is my favorite which I would love to trade for.

In any event, any suggestions would be appreciated....

And if you want to trade coupons from the entertainment book, please find me as well.

Many thanks,

njpetsitter@gmail.com

I can recommend a lot of great restaurants in your area, although I doubt that any of them take the Entertainment book coupons, as most of the places in those books are chains, as far as I'm familar with them.

I'd start off with Amazing Hotdog in Verona. Don Jose's in East Hanover for Mexican. Fortissimo's in West Orange has great salads and subs.

My husband and I don't drink...

njpetsitter@gmail.com

Do you tell us this because you'd prefer to go to restaurants without bars? Now that the smoking ban is in effect I think that as a non drinker you might do better in restaurants that have a liquor license because they can help offset the cost of food with the profit brought in by drink sales.

I don't know about restaurants listed in the entertainment book. Perhaps you could list some in a follow up reply.

Montclair has lots of good restaurant and many are listed with their own threads on this forum. I think everyone has liked Blu (almost everyone, I'm sure there was someone who didn't but I'm too lazy to look) as a starting point.

I had a nice meal at Lelazar, a Turkish restaurant on Bloomfield Ave., a few weeks back. Good food, cheap prices and a helpful staff. A good place if you want to change things up.

Just read through the forum and post with that other info and any questions and I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. What they'll be worth, well that's another story. :biggrin:

I use the entertainment book when I can and I am always looking for Japanese entertainment book coupons (Yoshi Sono) is my favorite which I would love to trade for.

In any event, any suggestions would be appreciated....

And if you want to trade coupons from the entertainment book, please find me as well.

Many thanks,

njpetsitter@gmail.com

Be sure you have registered your Entertainment book card at www.entertainment.com. The site also lists printable coupons and "show the card" type discounts, not mentioned in the books.

Also , Yoshi Sono often has coupons in the ValPak or Money Mailer envelopes we get, as well as in some of those glossy ad-filled booklets that seem to come every few weeks.

I can recommend a lot of great restaurants in your area, although I doubt that any of them take the Entertainment book coupons, as most of the places in those books are chains, as far as I'm familar with them.

I'd start off with Amazing Hotdog in Verona. Don Jose's in East Hanover for Mexican. Fortissimo's in West Orange has great salads and subs.

We use the Entertainment Book occasionally and have for several years. In our area very few of the restaurants are chains. I would estimate that more than 95% of the restaurants are small, locally owned, trying to boost volume on slow nights. Some do not accept the card on Saturday evening or impose early seating.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

• 4 weeks later...

If it's discounts that you're seeking, i recently launched a new site:

Bargain-Bites.com where you enter any US address and the map centers on that location and then shows you restaurants which offer discount dining certificates within a given radius of that location. There is currently a 60% off coupon code, so many of the $25 certificates can be had for $4 or so.

If it's discounts that you're seeking, i recently launched a new site:

Bargain-Bites.com where you enter any US address and the map centers on that location and then shows you restaurants which offer discount dining certificates within a given radius of that location.  There is currently a 60% off coupon code, so many of the $25 certificates can be had for $4 or so.

I would just like to thank thereuare for the great site: betterbidding.com. If this new site is half as good then it belongs in everyone's bookmarks. Keep up the good work and thanks, I've saved lots of $ with the travel site.