• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris Food 7th Arrondissement

John Talbott

This is one of a series of compendia that seeks to provide information available in prior threads on eGullet. Please feel free to add links to additional threads or posts or to add suggestions.

Les Cocottes de Christian Constant

Atelier de JR

Rue de Monttessuy

Jules Verne

Au Bon Acceuil

Arpege

Ferme St Simon

Note: There may be other threads containing information that involves multiple arrondissements and searching may be necessary to find info on restos such as Violin d'Ingres, l'Ami Jean, Bamboche, Cafe Constant, Fables de la Fontaine, Fontaine de Mars, Gaya, Chez Germaine, Maison de l'Amerique Latine, Les Ormes, Petrossian, Tante Marguerite, Cinq Mars, Les Anges.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 4 months later...

I found both Clos des Gourmets Clos des Gourmands and Le Petite Troquet to be family- American- pocketbook- and palate-friendly. Both were Bib Gourmands in the 7th. Gourmet is a little more formal, and served a swell tete de couchon, in case you know anyone who likes that sort of thing. :wink: Despite the suggestion of snobbery in the linked review, I found the place quite welcoming.

Perhaps someone has been there more recently than I and can update.

Au Petite Tonneau makes you feel pretty happy about being in Paris, for a very modest price.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I second Le P'tit Troquet. We had a lovely evening there. The food was excellent and the service warm. A charming family-run bistro worth checking out. If the pork with lemon confit is on the menu, be sure to order it. Divine!