• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The most, um, unique restaurant reviews ever

mamster

The staff of Pointed Magazine and I are proud to have given the world the gift of laughter this Christmas.

I'm still stuck on the beef that's going to come to my table and cover my plate, but then I started worrying about gas prices. Luckily, they've got me covered:

"Are you a motorist? Are you fed up with the rising gas prices? Well if you are, then you have probably been fed up with what has happened over the past several months with the rising prices."

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May

My favorite paragraph so far (from the 'review' of Brasserie Les Halles in DC):

"While we were impressed with the Pork, the catch of the day really show cased how impressive Brasserie really was. When our server brought the fish to the table he asked if he would like whole fish cleaned in front of our eyes. Not only did he filet the fish but he proceeded to put on a clinic of fish cleaning.  This once again affirms the high level of service to be expected here."

And not one bit of fish gut landed on the tablecloth!

From the "Mango Mikes" review (Mango Mikes served me possibly the worst dried up burnt rack of ribs I've ever had the pleasure of having wrapped to dump in the dumpster out back...):

For the Cajun NY Strip Steak:

"The Cajun spice makes this all Caribbean"

:wacko:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

May this thread never die.

"As in any basketball game, there is a starting five of well rounded basketball players. What we found at NBA City was a starting five of well rounded appetizers. From the Chicken Wraps to the Stuffed Quesadilla, no player, oh we mean appetizer will be less than an all-star."

The allegory is THICK, thick like a stuffed quesadilla (stuffed with cheese, I'm guessing).

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May