• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: peppers in vinegar

Andrew Fenton

I'm looking for a bottle of those teeny peppers packed in vinegar; the kind with a little hole in the top for dispensing delicious spicy vinegar. They're pretty ubiquitous in the South, but I've never seen them in Philadelphia. Can anybody point me to a place that sells them?

I'm pretty sure I've seen those in the ethnic foods section of most supermarkets.

The spice shop in the Italian Market might have them too.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Odd, I was specifically looking for them at the Überfresh on Delaware Ave.; figured they'd have them there, but couldn't find them...

Goya bottles a respectable version of those tiny pickled peppers, vinegar spout top and all. Have a bottle in my fridge currently.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 2 weeks later...
Odd, I was specifically looking for them at the Überfresh on Delaware Ave.; figured they'd have them there, but couldn't find them...

Goya bottles a respectable version of those tiny pickled peppers, vinegar spout top and all. Have a bottle in my fridge currently.

What he said. I just saw the Goya peppers in vinegar at El Jarochito Mexican grocery at Swanson & Wolf in South Philly this afternoon and made a mental note to find this thread and let you know. They also had big jars of pickled piquin peppers (little tiny hot peppers and sliced carrots in vinegar) of the El Gallito brand as well. These items are both in the hot sauce aisle.

El Jarochito has the cheapest limes in the city. 10/$1!! They also sell my favorite cleanser - Fabuloso - in several different scents.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol