• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Richmond Market - been there this summer?

Thanks for the pics from Modern Club-it's been too long.

Funny I was wondering if there was anyplace up on Dunbar for lunch today and it skipped my mind.

I don't think the Modern Club is open for lunch anyway. No loss. :smile:

• 11 months later...

Steer clear until further notice. My wife and I went Saturday night and, as we approached, we couldn't help but notice the place looked dead. Usually, there's a back-up of cars and foot traffic but on this night - nothing. We rolled in and, after paying the $4 parking fee (double last year's $2 fee), we parked and headed (where else?) for food alley. Unfortunately for us, there was no food being served (with the exception of a decidedly hot dog and taco stand). Instead, we were greeted by a sign that read something like "Food Court Coming" in front of a fenced-off area. "I don't think I can wait,"I informed my wife. And so, we left the Richmond Night Market after all of fifteen minutes and headed over to Northern Delicacy for dinner. WTF?

www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

I think that they are having logistical issues with the food court - water hook up, etc... and that the food stalls would not be open for a number of weeks. Let's face it - there's not alot of reasons to go to the night market without enticement of greasy fun food.

I am not even comtemplating going until I hear that the food stall issues have been settled.

They are due to open the food court on June 20th, 2008.

I think that they are having logistical issues with the food court - water hook up, etc...  and that the food stalls would not be open for a number of weeks.  Let's face it - there's not alot of reasons to go to the night market without enticement of greasy fun food.

I am not even comtemplating going until I hear that the food stall issues have been settled.