• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Revolutionary mind projects

bigorre

Sebastien Villeneuve....a person who ows money to many people and restaurants too.

Like me, Goldfarb, Liebrandt....for example.

Hi Mr Achatz.

This person came to my restaurant with Mr Liebrandt to eat..table of 8.

( on a Monday on which we are usually closed)

I spoke with other restaurators..and he did the same thing.

I am very upset and i undertand you.

anyways ..Have fun in Madrid fusion and hope to met you soon.

Personally I am working on bringing chefs to Montreal.

This all sounds bad.It appears these acusations and rumours may be true?It may be hard to get chefs to come to Montreal.

How much has he managed to rip off?Has he been doing this for some time?I heard about these seminars,but was under the impression that it was a personel invite only.There were some journilists that attended.What is their reaction to Mr.Achatz's claim?

Did he stiff you the bill Zapata?

I attended the Will Goldfarb seminar, as did several other chefs, caterers and at least one journalist from La Presse. If everyone there paid the requested fee (somewhere around $200.00 cdn) then it would appear that we all fell victim to a not so revolutionary mind f...

If Mr.Goldfarb, the first invitee, did not receive is due, it's unfortunate that some of his colleagues had to suffer the same fate.

Michel

I attended the Will Goldfarb seminar, as did several other chefs, caterers and at least one journalist from La Presse. If everyone there paid the requested fee (somewhere around $200.00 cdn) then it would appear that we all fell victim to a not so revolutionary mind f...

If Mr.Goldfarb, the first invitee, did not receive is due, it's unfortunate that some of his colleagues had to suffer the same fate.

It is ...that is why I drafted a letter and sent it to over 350 contacts...warning them. The money is the lesser issue for me personally. What is the problem is the breech of trust and the repercussions it has not only on Montreal specifically, but how it shades future decisions to participate in these types of events. Which is a shame because they are beneficial in many ways for both the chef and the people attending the workshops.

--

Grant Achatz

Chef/Owner

Alinea

Anybody know where Mr.V is hiding?What about the journalist from LaPresse who attended this event?

Whoever supported this guy must have some comments or knowledge to what this is all about.

As far as we know he is an entrepeneur who has managed to lure 3 chefs to Montreal,including Grant Achatz,eat and entertain in many restaurants,ask deposits for upcoming events,all along thinking he could not pay anyone for their services or return deposits made by cooks from Montreal restaurants?

Interesting story,to say the least...

looking forward to hearing the outcome

i received numerous checks in the mail assurances

and frankly didnt have the time to pursue further

i spoke with paul before he went, and was unaware that they continued

i take it that they will not be continuing

frankly a shame because it was a great event with interesting contacts in montreal

go figure, i didnt think chefs made enough to be targets

I think the organizer realized soon enough that chefs ( as in head chef or chef owners) would not be dupped so easily, and that's why he targeted mostly young cooks for his following events, asking for cash up front and then not delivering...

After paying with a company cheque, asking for a proper receipt and refusing a "special" lunch request, I was never contacted again for any of the following events; I guess I made his life difficult...

"Qui mala agit odit lucem"

Michel