• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

different Guiness brews

Snowy is dead

On a recent trip to Ireland, I saw they Guiness has a brewmasters series availiable. Different recipes of Guiness offered alongside the traditional (or most recent). The current offering was the Tucan Brew. Much creamier with less of the coffee/chocolate bitterness and a touch more sweetness. Anyone seen these in the States?

Sean

The Toucan brew is the 2nd of a series of 6, I believe. To be honest, I'm not really a fan, I preferred the "Brew 39" that started the campaign. Nothing compares to the real thing, though!

Si

I was in Ireland 2 weeks ago and i ordered a pint of the Toucan Brew. I thought it was a so-so beer. It definatly lacked the bitterness that i was looking for in the beer. The bartender told me that he thought it was considered a lighter version of Guinness when i ordered it

I was pretty happy however when i walked out of the pub. The bartender gave me a pint glass of the brewmasters series glasses to take home with me.