• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine events in NY

LaNiña

Seems like I hear about lots of events when it's too late for me to go because of conflicts or sell-outs...I'd love it if people would share information about tastings and wine dinners and classes, etc. in the NYC area.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going...

Union Square Wines Announcements

RIOJA’S FINEST vs. GREAT SPANISH CHEESES

Do not miss an incredible match featuring tasty treats for the tooth & palate from the heart of Iberia!

Wednesday, August 28th, 2002 at 7.00PM

The Salon @ Union Square Wines

Come celebrate the final event in our summer VIP/Sitdown Tasting Program on Wed 8/28.

Special guests Rick Pitcher (Bolo Restaurant) and Anthony Mardach (Craft Restaurant/Craftbar) will be on hand as we savor half-a-dozen spectacular wines from Rioja expertly paired with some of Spain’s finest cheeses.

The 48 spots for this event will sell out quickly. A $20 cover charge is refundable against any in-store purchase the night of the event.

Wine highlights are Torre Muga 1996, Remelluri 1999, the 96-point rated 1998 Remirez de Ganuza & more…cheeses include Monte Nebro, Torta de Casar, aged Mahon & Manchego, plus more…

AGAIN…To avoid disappointment, make your reservation ASAP…please! (Call Amy at 212.675.8100)