• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gotta Find the Jam, Man!

Lindacakes

Somewhere I read about an expansive jam from Britian, can't remember where I read about it (Here? Gastronomica? The Saturday Evening Post?) but a woman described it as teeny tiny whole strawberries and oh-so-delicious.

Cannot google myself into it . . .

The preserving thread, which captivated me yesterday, made me remember it.

Can you help me?

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

Somewhere I read about an expansive jam from Britian, can't remember where I read about it (Here?  Gastronomica?  The Saturday Evening Post?) but a woman described it as teeny tiny whole strawberries and oh-so-delicious.

Cannot google myself into it . . .

The preserving thread, which captivated me yesterday, made me remember it.

Can you help me?

I am assuming this would be jam made from "frais des bois" (tiny wild strawberries) so you might try searching on that term.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Could it have been 'Wilkin and Sons Ltd, Pure Little Scarlet Strawberry Jam' described in this Vancouver thread?

Support your local farmer

Currently reading:

The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters

Just finished reading:

The 100-Mile Diet by Alisa Smith & J. B. MacKinnon

Thank you everyone who helped -- it is Tiptree's Little Scarlet. And ever since I posted this question, as it would be, I've seen it everywhere. Especially after I ordered two jars online.

I'll hit Dean and Deluca anyway, as I've had other flavors recommended to me now (medlar . . . ) and I want to try them.

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

Could it have been 'Wilkin and Sons Ltd, Pure Little Scarlet Strawberry Jam' described in this Vancouver thread?

I have seen this preserve and always wondered why it was so much more expensive than the other Wilkin's preserves. I must try it soon!