• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salish Lodge (Snoqualmie Wash)...

I'm wondering if anyone has eaten at the Salsh Lodge in Snoqualimie Washington. I used to live in Snoqualmie and am returning for a high school reunion. The menu (http://www.salishlodge.com/diningroom.php) looks nice but of course, it is the quality of the food that is all important.

If anyone has any experiences here, I'd appreciate it since I probably only have one evening where I can go out for fine food. Right now, I'm considering Union but this looks interesting as well. Comparisons? Comments ???

Thanks,

-Art

Amano Artisan Chocolate

http://www.amanochocolate.com/

I haven't eaten dinner at Salish but I've had brunch there a number of times. Back in the day, it used to be quite the special occasion place to go for brunch. A year or so ago we took my father there for Father's Day and it was very disappointing. The food was very simply okay and the service was horrible. My father asked for coffee three times and then finally went up to the station and served himself. Not at all the experience I remember from my youth. The view is nice though (as long as you have a table by the window).

I vote for Union.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

OK, let me be upfront first. At the risk of being tossed off the e-gullet boards I must say that I don't like Union. Stacked food just doesn't do it for me. I will admit that I have only eaten at Union once but I found it to be "fancy" food. For the amount of money I left with them, I want more than fancy food.

As to the Salish Lodge, go on a weekday and have a great dinner. I can speak well for the chateaubriand for two. I know, it is just meat but what a steak. And the wonderful morels and potatoes that came with it were to die for.

And this isn't stacked food?!?!

tomatoes.jpg

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

• 3 weeks later...
And this isn't stacked food?!?!

tomatoes.jpg

What Tighe doesn't mention (but it is implied) is that this photo is from the Salish Lodge website.

Yep, I'd call that stacked food.

hey! All those in favor of stacked food, raise your hand!

Born Free, Now Expensive