• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy chestnut puree

hellokitty -- for some reason i am thinking i even saw it sitting on a Provigo shelf :shock: and the canned kind as u mention, i think imported from france. there were marrons glaces and the puree. so u may not need to venture far after all. and for sure u can get them on Laurier, as mentioned upthread.

they also have the at Vieille Europe on St-Laurent, just south of St-Cuthbert, and Maison du Roti, Mount Royal just east of Papineau. it says "puree de marrons" on the can, and the label is this blue/brown art nouveau kind of swirly motif... i see them in a lot of places...

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

while we are talking chestnuts does anyone know where to get chestnut flour in Montreal?

cricklewood -- i saw it, i think, at Milano`s. it`s used in italian cuisine so check out the italian grocers. hope that helps. they may have it at gourmet laurier. call the places before wasting ur time running around for it!

eta: ask for: farina di castagne

Edited by ohev'ochel (log)