• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roma Trattoria

I recieved a menu from Roma Trattoria (47th & Roosevelt) the other day. It looks like it has a slightly better selection of food than Romio's and the pictures of the interior for dine in look quite a bit fancier. I've thought about placing an order, rather than call Pagliacci's, but was hoping some one has already given them a try.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

I eat Pagliacci's 2 or 3 times a week at Fai Jay's place for lunch, I think he'll forgive me for trying something different. Besides, Pagliacci's doesn't delive pasta, sandwhiches, or chocolate cake. :)

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Besides, Pagliacci's doesn't delive pasta, sandwhiches, or chocolate cake. :)

Okay, you're off the hook. And good point about the pasta, etc. I think you should be the guinea pig and give them a try - then come back and tell it how it was :biggrin:

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

I wound up ordering a pizza and it's pretty much indistinguishable from Romio's, except the crust is a little thinner. I would probably order it over Romio's because it's five blocks from my apartment, but I'll probably stick tp Pagliacci's which is 2.5 blocks away, and a lot better.

They are definately Eastern Euorpean, their website, which is not up yet, is on a server in Russia.

Edited by elswinger (log)

Two Bulgarian brothers own the place. I remember reading about it in one of those little neighborhood newspapers. Hopefully they can do better than the cafe, and the Mexican place before that..

I do want to stress that my pizza was not bad and it was reasonably priced. If you live on the west side of Aurora it's worth checking out. If the pictures in the menu are accurate, then it looks nice inside.