• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visiting Vancouver

jwjojo

Hello All,

We will be visiting your gorgeous city in September and will be staying in Kitsilano. Hoping for recommendations in the area, as well as throughout the city. Boyfriend is not a foodie...but I am. Coming from NYC, so don't need fancy, just good!

Thanks in advance.

Joana

Joana,

As you can imagine, your question has been asked (and answered) numerous times. So rather than repeat was has already been said, this collection of threads is a really good place to start.

It might also help to know what sort of price range, and cuisine preferences you might have. Check out the "Best of" thread (link above) first, and then ask specifics here afterwards.

Boyfriend not a foodie? Send him to Stanley Park and do the serious eating on your own! :laugh:

A.

You should check out Fish on West 4th Ave in the heart of Kitsilano.

2278 West 4th Ave

604 734-3474

Why?

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. - Johnny Carson

2278 West 4th Ave

604 734-3474

Why?

Gee Jeff ... you must have missed Marcus's sig line :raz:

In his defense, Fish is in Kits. Then again, so is Watermark.

Joana, the other question I forgot to ask was if you would be mobile (car), or not.

A.

2278 West 4th Ave

604 734-3474

Why?

Because we strive to find the freshest available products daily, therefore the food is simple and consistantely great.

Marcus Stiller

Fish & Fish Cafe

www.fishcafe.ca