• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Opus On 8th

ironchef

wow

just had a 5 course tasting at an amazing new lounge in Calgary on 8th street SW, called Opus On 8th.

the food was orgasmic, atmosphere electric.... and wine pairings made this a meal to be remembered

check out the website...

www.opuson8th.com

I took the bait.

Holy shit, confusion menu's can be difficult to read.

"Seared Alaskan black cod with a Canadian maple, miso, and sake sauce, wok fired bok choy. Finished with enoki mushrooms and a kumquat salsa and crispy egg noodle cake."

WTF is this? All over the map.

Looks like a CFD menu to me.

-- Matt.

Usually I try not to bag on a place, but I will since this post is an obvious advertising ploy. I know a few people who are, let's say close to those who are in charge of Opus, as well as industry people who have eaten there. So far no good reviews. Apparently the food leaves much to be desired. More of a drink lounge than a serious restaurant.