• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

world of flavor conference (cia greystone)

• 1 month later...

I just received an email saying that the conference is sold out and will not be able to accommodate those on the wait list.

I would love to attend this conference, so if anyone has an extra ticket or knows of a last minute cancellation, PLEASE contact me.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know-for future reference- if these conferences are limited to "professionals" only- as the catalog seems to indicate, or can foodie "civilians" attend?

"Civilians" do indeed attend, but it is slightly cost-prohibitive and sells out early every year (several months in advance).

Thanks-

You can go to the CIA's professional website to sign up for their e-mail notices or just find out about their professional programs:

CIA ProChef

I'm on their list, but not a professional. You can get advance notice about the conference this way. I couldn't have gone this year, but maybe in the future- just wanted to find out if us non-pros can go. Might try in the future.

Mark A. Bauman

If you can find a pair of teal check pants and wear a chef's coat (all can be purchased at their gift shop) you can more than likely just sneak your way in. Although I've been able to attend several because I was a student there, it's always seemed remarkably easy to just walk right in.

Also, if you are a pro or serious cook, you may be able to volunteer as slave labor. They can always use someone at 3am to help set up/cook - then you have the rest of the day to play/explore. A friend of mine did this for this one and I plan on going this route for the pastry conference.