• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

C.C. Restaurant wants look-gooders

mod*betty

Fair enough regarding the speculation. Rich, if you can reveal your source it would be a fair statement and not merely a rumor. I don't think this qualifies as an egregious offense like outing a CIA agent or anything.

But I still think it would be fun to sit across the street and try and distract the Pretty People from their appointed duties. Can we keep them from looking pretty and making everyone else want to be like them? :raz:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Has anyone confirmed the restaurant is estia or are we perhaps doing them a disservice by building on speculation?

As a sidenote, when I opened my restaurant back in the late 70's, the guy I hired to run the dining room was urging me to announce the opening and then not accept reservations or let anyone have a table because we were "totally booked."  I didn't follow his advice.

I had a conversation with the owner a while back in which he actually suggested this, so I am merely speculating, based on how identical this story is to his voiced intentions to me.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

But I still think it would be fun to sit across the street and try and distract the Pretty People from their appointed duties.  Can we keep them from looking pretty and making everyone else want to be like them?  :raz:

Nothing works better for me than a swarm of groping Harpos ticking off the hotties. Dinner theatre at it's Marxist best!

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

But I still think it would be fun to sit across the street and try and distract the Pretty People from their appointed duties.  Can we keep them from looking pretty and making everyone else want to be like them?  :raz:

Nothing works better for me than a swarm of groping Harpos ticking off the hotties. Dinner theatre at it's Marxist best!

Now that's the most ridculous thing I ever hoid!

"Fat is money." (Per a cracklings maker shown on Dirty Jobs.)

So hasn't anyone considered submitting a fake photo to see if there is a response to determine the restaurant in question???

We on the West Coast are dying to know...

Actually this thought occurred to me.

TarteTatin - got any gorgeous head shots you could submit to test the theory? :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol