• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foodie Motivational Posters

Jason Perlow

Guess I'll play too, although my photographic talents are a good bit short of the rest of yours, judging from what I see here:

gallery_20347_2076_27928.jpg

Good for college dorm rooms, newsrooms and call centers!

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Oh, what the hell... (well, I couldn't decide which of the two options they gave was more readable)

gallery_11181_3384_124223.jpg

gallery_11181_3384_60345.jpg

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's

I love this thread. I'm such a technological dork* that I can't figure out how to upload the damned thing from flickr to eG. Sigh.

I'd love to have the PETA one for my secondborn, who wants to make a Zazzle t-shirt with that slogan on it.

(*) yeah, I'm a dork in other ways too.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Oh yeah. Monday morning. I'm motivated.

gallery_9620_2385_38429.jpg

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

gallery_6903_111_6489.jpg

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

gallery_9387_874_19529.jpg

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

gallery_6903_111_49820.jpg

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I have to say that these just keep getting better and better!

Some could even be professional quality work .... who knew that our food photographs could be made into such cool creations?

Ah, er, shouldn't that be "butter and butter" ? :raz: (Ducks and runs...)

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

The breakfast that launched a million marriages.

gallery_9620_2385_9955.jpg

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

gallery_6903_111_3939.jpg

I am told it is an elephant so it's perfect for both vegetarians and carnivores.

Edited by Anna N (log)

My 2004 eG Blog