• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foodie Motivational Posters

Jason Perlow

I found this link today to a web site that allows you to create your own "Motivational" posters, like the ones many companies put on their walls to motivate salespeople.

Create Your Own Motivational Posters (click)

Foodies of course, require a bit more than sunset-filled landscapes and nature photos to get them motivated. So I've created a few that I think work a little bit better.

Anyone got any others to share?

gallery_2_4_13398.jpg

gallery_2_4_47804.jpg

gallery_2_4_60574.jpg

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Thank you Jason for such a fun link! My friend and I once had a joke where we would include a de-motivator in our correspondence... I think this site will come in very handy. :wink:

The only thing missing is the candle:

gallery_15459_985_22745.jpg

enjoy!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Here's one that's not quite appopriate for the summer weather, but still:

gallery_2_4_50285.jpg

And then of course, there's this one:

gallery_2_4_27077.jpg

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Jason, you are the man for starting this little game. I can't wait to try it out!

Katie, the mimosa poster may have to go on my wall.

“The secret of good cooking is, first, having a love of it… If you’re convinced that cooking is drudgery, you’re never going to be good at it, and you might as well warm up something frozen.”

~ James Beard

gallery_11181_3384_58704.jpg

gallery_11181_3384_111980.jpg

gallery_11181_3384_22426.jpg

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's

Jason, you are the man for starting this little game. I can't wait to try it out!

Yes - thank you Jason. This has been a most amusing diversion. I'm working on a couple more.

Katie, the mimosa poster may have to go on my wall.

Sarabeth:

I didn't save it, because I don't actually have a Flickr account, but I might go back and recreate it just to save it so I can order a copy and hang it in my kitchen. :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol