• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the cube

guru

Yes LESLEY, we now have a producer of goose foie gras Near Quebec. It is produced from sept. to dec. and sells for about 110$ the kg. I have not yet tried it but the goose itself is great. I bought one last year for my xmas dinner and the texture was incredible. I ordered one with the liver this year. You can get that from GIBIER CANABEC. :smile:

Hey Leslie,

well, the waiter said ... the waiter said that the goose foie gras is a new product in quebec, made right here, and so we all ordered the goose foie gars. so, as far as i know, what i ate was goose foie gras. and yes, it was served hot.

as for savannah vs. cube: well, im not sure which i like most. it seemed my meal at savannah was more relaxed, easygoing, and leisurely. perhaps it is because the people i was with were in less of a hurry, and we sat there from 7 till 1030, whereas at cube, i was there from 700-830. i think i was a bigger fan of cube for the actual execution of the food. the foie gras was one of my favorite dishes ive had this year, and the menu looked a little more adventurous. the foie gras at savannah was over cooked, and almost tasted meaty. i would say i enjoyed them both equally, but on different levels.

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

I know of the goose, but I didn't know there was any foie gras being produced.

Jesus, hot goose foie gras...now there's an idea for an article. Some people have told me in France that searing goose foie gras really ruins its delicate flavour. Guru, are you going to have a go at goose foie gras?

I agree with you that when you serve hot goose foie gras it becomes no different than duck fg. The texture does not hold well. I wonder why. The best way i've had it was "au torchon" and i will make one near xmas(to be sure to sell it).Quince will probably be its partner.