• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CHANTO

eatingwitheddie

• 1 month later...
Today is my last day at Chanto.

Thanks to those Egulleters who made it in, I appreciate it.

Whoa! That was fast! Do you know where you're going next, or who is replacing you? Good luck in whatever you do. You are a truly inspired pastry chef!

Edited by Pan (log)

Michael aka "Pan"

Today is my last day at Chanto.

Thanks to those Egulleters who made it in, I appreciate it.

We actually made it in for the first time last evening. My wife and I completely enjoyed our meal, but the two desserts (sticky coconut cake and chocolate fondant) were standouts. We mentioned to the waitress, Miki I believe was her name, that we had heard about the restaurant because of the pastry chef posting on egullet. I'm glad we had the opportunity to taste your work. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Nothing really happened, it just wasn't a good fit for me. I'm expecting next year to be an exciting one (for NYC in general and hopefully for myself in particular). The exec chef at Chanto is going to implementing a new dessert menu of his design, and I hope he and the restaurant have great sucess.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Nothing really happened, it just wasn't a good fit for me. I'm expecting next year to be an exciting one (for NYC in general and hopefully for myself in particular). The exec chef at Chanto is going to implementing a new dessert menu of his design, and I hope he and the restaurant have great sucess.

Keep us updated Sethro! I definitely enjoyed your work.