• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Editor in Chief at Saveur

Artichoke

click
Online Editor, Saveur.com    04-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Our online edit staff is diligently reformatting and posting the complete archive of Saveur recipes for the new site; when we are finished we will create a full recipe index and post it online for all to enjoy. Please check back soon!

Sounds good; I'm looking forward to the complete index being made available.

It would certainly help me to maintain my subscription as the lack of an index (either online or printed yearly in the Jan or Dec issue) has been a major drawback for me with respect to this magazine.

Any update on providing an online index for locating recipes in back issues of Saveur? :smile:

It is so frustrating to remember that there is a great recipe that one has seen or already made and not have an index to track the recipe down.

Right now I'd like to repeat a carbonnade stew recipe I made awhile back but I have no idea how to find it again without skimming through years of issues...

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"