• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant near Sheraton

Walking distance, not off the top of my head. You are, however, within a five minute cab ride of Splendido, Opus, Susur. 10 minutes for Perigee and Chiado. Walking distance to Canoe or Bymark now that I think of it. What type of food/wine list are you looking for?

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

IMO Susur is well within walking distance from the Sheraton. It is at the most a fifteen minute walk. I have walked there several times when staying at the Eaton Centre Marriott which is a few minutes further away.

Definitely Bymark over Jump as Gordon says. but there are better in the vicinity

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Hiro at King and Jarvis. Agreed Canoe over Bymark (also get the feeling of better value at Canoe) but the cocktails at Bymark are better. Both wine lists are off the chart in price but they got some good stuff if price is no issue. :hmmm: The tasting menu looks good at Canoe and the one thing that annoys me is they "claim" all at the table must order....this is partly true but if you want it do not accept push back even if others are not.

officially left egullet....