• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Orleans ZAGAT Survey Underway

Jason Perlow

Thru the first week of August, the ZAGAT survey for New Orleans is open to anyone. Right now they are doing surveys for Restaurants, Attractions and Nightlife.

Interest from national publications, such as Zagat, is important to getting more tourists back. A strong response to the survey will make sure that the best restaurants and bars are recognized.

As always, everyone who completes the survey will receive a free copy of the book. A link to the survey can be found on Zagat’s homepage.

http://www.zagat.com

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Was explained to me by one of the ZAGAT editors.

I'll take your (always informed) word for this, Jason! :wink: Will also sit in my driveway, watching my mailbox, just in case Zagat comes through (I do the same exact thing for Ed McMahon who will be bringing me my million dollar sweepstakes check from Publishers' Clearinghouse)! :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Zagat sends you an email when they are starting the printing process so you can verify your address on file with them. I just today got the email in re the Philadelphia guide that the printing date is "now approaching".

I received my Atlanta guide last week, and expect to get D.C. / Baltimore in the next week or so. Sadly, I've yet to be "pithy" enough to get quoted. :sad:

Thanks,

Eric

I'll confess to being the editor who gave Jason this info. If you don't get your free copy after publication, PM me and I'll make sure it gets to you.

Honestly, I doubt that it would come to that. Zagat is the most professional organization I've ever worked for.

I hope that people do complete the survey. National attention is important for New Orleans (I'm completely biased, I know).

Eric, I wouldn't feel to bad about not making the cut. It's not just about being witty. The blurbs have to match the numerical score given to each restaurant or venue.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when this book will be out to the general public? I will be in NO for one night only (cruising the next day) and would LOVE to know where to eat on my only day in NO!!!!! I don't know what is open, how good the restaurants are or when they were last reviewed.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced, decent restaurant. I'm not looking for romantic atmosphere (since its just us "girls" going on the cruise) and I'll be traveling in December. Does anyone have an idea?

Also, what to do for our one night there? We are middle-aged, so nothing wild, please! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Does anyone know when this book will be out to the general public?  I will be in NO for one night only (cruising the next day) and would LOVE to know where to eat on my only day in NO!!!!!  I don't know what is open, how good the restaurants are or when they were last reviewed.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced, decent restaurant.  I'm not looking for romantic atmosphere (since its just us "girls" going on the cruise) and I'll be traveling in December.  Does anyone have an idea?

Also, what to do for our one night there?  We are middle-aged, so nothing wild, please!  :rolleyes:

Thanks!

If you eat at one restaurant in New Orleans make it Brigtsen's!!!!!!! You can't miss with Chef Frank's Cooking!!!

It is easier to change a menu than a growing season.