• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade cherry vodka

sadistick

Katie - How do you think the cherry vodka would go with rum?

It would probably be tasty, but I'd just as soon make some cherry rum! :biggrin:

Actually, I bet a really dark rum like Gosling's Black Seal with an added splash of some overproof rum to better draw out the cherry flavors would be delish after a couple of weeks with some cherries soaking in it.

Then I'd make a Cherry Dark and Stormy! :wub:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

One of my favorite drinks is Cherry Vodka ( Three Olives, since I haven't made my own-yet ) and Cran-Cherry juice. You can throw a splash of lime in there, giving it that Cosmo feel.

These go down way too easy.

I recently had a very nice variation on a Sidecar which the restaurant called a "Cherry Blossom".

Made with sour cherry infused brandy (Cherry Bounce!), cointreau, and lemon juice.

Very tasty.

Edited by eje (log)

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried Guignolet for the first time this last Saturday. My friend who owns a restaurant made some. Now I'm not a big fan of most wines. He pulled out a wine bottle, and I was already thinking I'd rather drink something else.

What he poured into my glass was the nectar of the Gods.

I had to make some. I got the recipe that he used, which happens to be Georgianne Brennan's recipe from her book Aperitif. Since cherry leaves won't be green but for a couple of weeks, I make a ten fold batch. So in about 15 days I will have to update you all on how it came out.