• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frank's Hot Sauce for Buffalo Wings

I really miss Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I use it to make the hotwings I grew up with. Other hot sauces I can find easily in NY are not doing the job.

Anyone know where I can buy it in Manhattan?

Thanks folks,

Grace

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking

I really miss Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I use it to make the hotwings I grew up with. Other hot sauces I can find easily in NY are not doing the job.

Anyone know where I can buy it in  Manhattan?

Thanks folks,

Grace

I have seen it in a number of stores in Manhattan, but am drawing a blank as to specifics (that's what I usually buy). However, you can always get it at Fresh Direct.

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."

~ Fernand Point

This would really make me sad. I especially like their new chile/lime.............but the original is awesome. Hope you can find it.

In CA, we have large bottles in our CostCo. Do you have a CostCo?

I'm not sure about Manhattan, but I've bough franks hot sauce in queens (keyfood), long island (shoprite) and IIRC in Stop and Shop.

Also its definitely available @ BJ's so there's a possibility that Costco's would carry it too.

Many Buffulans inform me that this is the one, crucial ingredient behind great buffalo wings. Well that and loads of butter of course.

Anywhere you can get it nearly anyhwere, I've seen it anywhere from any of the various Supermarket chains, gourmet markets, and even the occasional deli/korean -

Thanks Guys,

I can order from Fresh Direct. Now if only I had a fry daddy. Hot wings here I come.

You really need this brand of hot sauce to get the proper hot wing mojo... yeah, Raji and gobs of butter does help. :smile:

-G

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking