• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Peanut Butter mousse recipe

amccomb

I am making a chocolate peanut butter cake for my brother's groom's cake, and I am using a recipe from the "best chocolate cake" thread for the cake, a mirror glaze to cover, and I had hoped to use a peanut butter filling of some sort.

I have a peanut butter pie recipe that uses peanut butter, cream cheese, evaporated milk, and whipped cream that I may be able to stabilize with some gelatin, but I was hoping someone had a recipe for a very peanut butter-y mousse.

Thanks so much!

This is really just a frosting, not a mousse, but it was very tasty and my boys loved it when I did these filled chocolate cupcakes with it. If you can't find a good mousse, perhaps the filling from this recipe will work for you.

Cream Filled Devil's Food Cupcakes

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Peanut Butter Mousse

2 pounds cream cheese

2 1/4 Pounds peanut butter

2 cups sugar

2 tablespoons vanilla

6 cups heavy cream , whipped

Whip the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until uniform in color On low speed beat in the vanilla. Beat in part of the whipped cream then fold in the rest.

you can scale up or down with this recipe

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

Don't know if the cake will be refrigerated or not, but this is very easy and has a good peanut flavor, with a lot of body:

Peanut Butter Mousse - Makes about 4 cups

1-1/2 cups chilled heavy cream

1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)

1 cup creamy peanut butter (not the natural kind)

Using an electric mixer beat the cream on high speed until it is thick and holds a peak when you take the beater out. Beat in the powdered sugar, being sure it is entirely mixed in. Put the peanut butter in a medium sized bowl and stir in about 1/3 of the whipped cream, then fold the peanut butter-cream mixture into the remaining whipped cream.

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

Here are the ingredients to Cooks Illustrated's Peanut Butter Buttercream.

8 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (don't use old-fashioned or natural brand)

3/4 cups confectioners' sugar

Pinch table salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon heavy cream

You basically cream the ingredients together beginning with the butter, adding one ingredient at a time and beating after each addition for a few seconds (15 - 45) until each item is blended in. When everything is added you beat for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. I've got to tell you this is the best peanut butter icing type recipe I've tasted ever. I could have eaten the whole bowlful but it really wouldn't help my attempts with weight watchers so I iced the cupcakes and took the rest to my husband to eat so it wouldn't tempt me any longer. Many filling and icings I've tried just don't have the right peanut butter taste but this one does. It's just the right sweetness.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

Peanut Butter Mousse

2 pounds cream cheese

2 cups sugar

2 tablespoons vanilla

Whip the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until uniform in color On low speed beat in the vanilla. Beat in part of the whipped cream then fold in the rest.

This is similar to the mousse part of a peanut butter mousse cake on Epicurious and let me tell you it is nirvana. Every time I make this cake I have to forcefully stop myself from inhaling and devouring the mousse part...it is amazing stuff! :wub::wub:

Xander: How exactly do you make cereal?

Buffy: Ah. You put the box near the milk. I saw it on the Food Channel.

-BtVS

Peanut Butter Mousse

2 pounds cream cheese

2 cups sugar

2 tablespoons vanilla

is this powered or granulated sugar? it sounds awesome, i love anything with cream cheese, thanks! :biggrin:

granulated sugar.

We use this mousse for our individual peanut butter bliss (pb mousse, blondie base with crushed peanuts and mini choc chips-)molded in demisphere molds, frozen, then popped out-glazed with ganache, a drizzle of milk chocolate and topped with "peanut dust"

We also use it for the "Peanut butter dreamin" cake

chocolate buttermilk cake, pb mousse, ganache and pipping of pb buttercream

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman