• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taco Bell discovers new meal time!

JanMcBaker

How about this one, gang? In an ever-growing attempt to gain round-the-clock customers, I guess, Taco Bell has come up with... 'fourthmeal, that meal between dinner and breakfast'. How's that for genius? :wink:

"Fat is money." (Per a cracklings maker shown on Dirty Jobs.)

I don't see what the big deal is. I just had fifthmeal and it's only 2:10pm.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Maybe they've finally realised that theres a market segment (drunk and/or stoned people) that demands late-night food.

Without being too disparaging, there ARE people who work graveyard (my ex) or who have insomina (my current beau) who are neighter drunk nor stoned.

Fortunately for me, neither of these gentlemen would consider eating at a Taco Bell, but I can assure you I know of some of the most amazing late-night dining establishments throughout California.

Are they going to stay open 24/7 also, so "fourthmeal" at 3 am will be possible???

Yep.

The drive-thru at the Taco Bell near me is open 24/7. :shock::laugh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

did you have second breakfast?

I was eating 2nd breakfast for awhile and got really fat. But I would still have to recommend second breakfast to those who haven't tried it.

Eat a bowl of cereal around 7 or 8 am and then by 10:30 (if you're like me) you're blood sugar will be plummiting from all the carbs and you will NEED to eat a croissant with egg and cheese. It's a very satisfying meal, that second breakfast.

"He was a very valiant man who first adventured on eating oysters." - King James I

did you have second breakfast?

I was eating 2nd breakfast for awhile and got really fat. But I would still have to recommend second breakfast to those who haven't tried it.

I did that sometimes on my cruise. Order room service when I woke up. They only offered continental type breakfast, but it was something to eat (cereal, fruit, coffee OJ). Then, I would shower and get dressed and head to the dining room for a more proper sit down breakfast. If that wasn't enough, I could go up to the buffet and graze. :)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

How about this one, gang?  In an ever-growing attempt to gain round-the-clock customers, I guess, Taco Bell has come up with... 'fourthmeal, that meal between dinner and breakfast'.  How's that for genius?  :wink:

How is it that Taco Bell is just now discovering this when their high school and college patrons have known about it for decades? ;P

I think that dinner should be the fourth meal of the day. When working, on my afternoon coffeebreak, usually between 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM I'd be sitting in my pickup drinking a cup of coffee and thinking "Boy, what I wouldn't give right now for a toasted english muffin dripping butter all over". Unless, of course. it was snowing in which case I'd be wishing my coffee was hot chocolate and I had a toasted English muffin dripping butter all over the place.

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

I did that sometimes on my cruise.

ahem ... I never missed the Midnight Buffet ... even if I had eaten a full dinner at 6 pm ... surprised that the ship didn't sink ... :laugh:

hmmmm...... Maybe that was the real problem with that cruise ship that tipped recently. Maybe all the people who went to the midnight buffets were all on the same side of the ship...

"Fat is money." (Per a cracklings maker shown on Dirty Jobs.)