• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Just found this long forgotten thread.  So much fun to reread posts I put up so many years ago.

A friend, in return for access to our incredible crop of wild grapes, gave me more tomatillos than I can imagine using in the rest of my life.  They are husked, washed (with vinegar added...great idea), drying on two cookie sheets in the garage and then tomorrow they either go into the freezer or are roasted to use up to take up less room in our freezers which are on their way to fall fullness.  Wait till the apples finish ripening in a couple of weeks.  We have another bumper crop like two years ago.  Oh, it's a busy fall season this year.

Added:  of course the tomatillos are destined for chile verde, my go-to recipe given to me years ago by the wonderful @andiesenji.  I have the Poblanos...still available in one store only in our nearby city...and now will buy the jalapenos.  

Darienne

Darienne

Just found this long forgotten thread.  So much fun to reread posts I put up so many years ago.

A friend, in return for access to our incredible crop of wild grapes, gave me more tomatillos than I can imagine using in the rest of my life.  They are husked, washed (with vinegar added...great idea), drying on two cookie sheets in the garage and then tomorrow they either go into the freezer or are roasted to use up to take up less room in our freezers which are on their way to fall fullness.  Wait till the apples finish ripening in a couple of weeks.  We have another bumper crop like two years ago.  Oh, it's a busy fall season this year.