• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aperol in NJ?

Montclairite

I believe Total Wine has always carried Aperol. Ahhh, reminds me of Venice, where it is used for the signature Venetian cocktail, a "Spritz". I believe it's made with Aperol, white wine, and a dash of OJ. Perhaps a dash of Campari as well...

Definitely try Total in W. Orange, but if they don't have it, you can also check with The Wine Library in Springfield and/or Amanti Vino on Church Street in Montclair. Or Angelbeck's on Valley Rd near the intersection of Bellevue in Upper Montclair. Angelbeck's has pleasantly surprised me lately! :smile:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Thanks, all.

Curlz, I'll try Angelbeck's first, as it's just a few blocks from home. I've seen that s tore through various stages in it's life .Haven't tried Amato yet, I know they're good but I like a liquor store that's a bit more crowded with bottles.

As for the spritzer --- think it's made with Aperol and prosecco. And least that's what I'm aiming for. :biggrin:

If you go to Angelbeck's, do yourself a favor and also grab a bottle of Mulderbosch Cab Sauv Rose from the fridge. $12.99, and it's GREAT summer drinking; I was thrilled to see that they carried it! :-)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."