• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Time Supper Club

RDJ

Where on Monkland? Monkland Tavern? Or, there was a high-end trattoria on Monkland for a while (Tratt 48 or something?), which now has re-opened as a bistro with little Italian emphasis? Or...?

Anyone know when/why Matteo left Time supper Club?

Don't think so. Had his own resto on the Main years ago. Surfaced recently on Monkland. Lastly at Time also on the Main. Great cook and quite a character.

Monkland resto has disparu (actually when last seen it was under new management serving oriental food of some sort) Close to Java U as I recall.

Apparently he left Time Cafe on St Laurent several weeks ago. Clearly he had designed the menu.

Don't think so. Had his own resto on the Main years ago. Surfaced recently on Monkland. Lastly at Time also on the Main. Great cook and quite a character.

Monkland resto has disparu (actually when last seen it was under new management serving oriental food of some sort) Close to Java U as I recall.

Apparently he left Time Cafe on St Laurent several weeks ago. Clearly he had designed the menu.

hello all this is MATTEO himself what would you like to know...

this is my fierst time back on EGULLET in 27 month...........................matteo

Hi Matteo,

Where are you cooking these days?

hello lesley,i am taking a little time off after 3 amazing month at TIME,it just was too much..the unbearable loud music,the 7 am to 2 30 am kitchen hours,the overwhelming wellcome i recived from the loyal clientes and above all that i have a 10 years daughter that i am raising almost alone and she happened to be my true fathfull customer on daily bases.

i am also looking for a resto above pine ave on st laurant since i sold EPICENTRE and CRU on montroyal after 14 month of a struggle in that area....

matteo

Hi Matteo,

Where are you cooking these days?

hello lesley,i am taking a little time off after 3 amazing month at TIME,it just was too much..the unbearable loud music,the 7 am to 2 30 am kitchen hours,the overwhelming wellcome i recived from the loyal clientes and above all that i have a 10 years daughter that i am raising almost alone and she happened to be my true fathfull customer on daily bases.

i am also looking for a resto above pine ave on st laurant since i sold EPICENTRE and CRU on montroyal after 14 month of a struggle in that area....

matteo

Hi Matteo

Sorry we missed you at Time. Let us know about your next venture.

DJ

Hey Matteo, did you serve Madonna? :wink:

i served MADONNA 2 nights in the row and she was a very classy lady,she had some organic baby arugla with papaya and guava ving,lime picorina risotto and seared wild salmon with plantine crust,2 full bags of sauted spinach with roasted garlic that i bought from QUATRE FRERE on st laurant cause i was out,so as you can see nothing really special but she loved every thing and to my shock her P R people called me and ask to cook the same meal on the 2 nd night at 1 30 am i waited on her ,cooked her meal with pleasure,got whole punch of VIP passes,didn t go but my lovley daughter mathlide went and it was a great 10 th birthday present for her.......

lesley,this woman know her food and ingredines very well,somthing that i appreciate....................................

Edited by mastermatt78 (log)

I hear that she dumps hot sauce on everything... true ? Hopefully, she also got her hands on a real coffee instead of having her staff run all over the place for starbucks...

she did have a cup of illy---personal fave that i keep in my office all the time,she did ask me for home made hot sauce not TABASCO as it was reported in my interview with LE PRESS marie.claude lortie on juine 30..........................

i did offer her a remikin of an egyptian HARRISSA and she buried her salmon in it...