• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Faking it -- Germany edition

Did anyone catch the first half tonight? Remake of the British show. Gordon Ramsey was more entertaining in the original but there were some interesting back-of-house scenes at Tantris and Mandarin Oriental Hotel. On WDR TV.

link

Edited by Behemoth (log)

Please tell us more about the show! Did Gordon Ramsey speak German? or was there a different chef?

"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"

I think you'd see Gordon slit his own throat or become Chef De Cuisine at Mcdonald's before speaking German, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I think you'd see Gordon slit his own throat or become Chef De Cuisine at Mcdonald's before speaking German, but that's just my opinion.

??? :unsure:

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Um...anyway.

No, I'm afraid I've just lost the ability to express myself in English. Gordon Ramsay is not in this one. Mentor #1 is the chef from Retaurant Mark's, and Hans Haas of Tantris kind of (but of course not really) takes on the role of Gordon Ramsey.

I don't get the sense Haas is a big football player, which is too bad really...

Still, interesting getting a behind the scenes look at some local star joints.

What night is it on? I will have to try and catch it when I am back in Germany in six weeks.

Sundays at 22:20. But in three weeks it will probably be a different subject. I can't find any information on when they plan to rerun this one.