• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Kitchen Supply Source?

Trying to find kitchen supplies that I do not have to purchase ONLINE. Tired everytime I need a tool, having to buy it online. Tired having to drive in to Vancouver everytime I need a tool as well Does anyone know a good kitchen supply shop out in Fraser Valley. I need some Rosti Rings and a set of Crumpet molds. I know in a pinch I can make the crumpet molds, I have done that before though I would rather not. I know where I can buy them both online so do not need that info and can buy them in Canadian dollars so that is not an issue. Just would like to walk in a store , buy them and walk in.

If worse comes to worse and no one has a Fraser Valley name, preferably Surrey or even White Rock though I know the White Rock Stores, then I will go to Vancouver, sigh...I wish the Gourmet Warehouse had their stock online so you could see if its online before you have to phone and inquire or go into Vancouver.

I find Ming Wo inadequate or their stuff kind of junky. There is a couple of kitchen stores in Guildford, their names escape me but their stock is pretty micky mouse and I doubt they would have either of what I want as their stuff is pretty vanilla and decorative. I cannot believe the lack of really good well stocked kitchen stores except if you go online. What about if you do not have a computer or own a restaurant and can buy through a supplier. I do not own a restaurant so I do not have those leads but really hate having to deal online all the time and give out my credit information all the time. I am getting more and more reluctant to do that.

Well, I am starting to sound cranky so I should go to bed. Fell down the stairs last week and still black and blue so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Must say though I made the most delicious new dish tonight. Major success. I will save that message for another time I am just sorry I did not take a picture because I really did a beautiful job of plating it and the mango salsa I topped it with looked gorgeous. The ahi Tuna was divine.......my room mate said it was a 10 out of 10. So not all was lost today. Would have been nice to have the rosti ring for the rice but I hand shaped it. Well, good night all...or should I say good morning.......

samasutra

Edited by samasutra (log)
Never met a vegetable I never liked except well okra!

I have the same frustration you do. I live in Mission and there's not even a mall-type kitchen store. None in Abbotsford either. Here's a link that might help Ravensbergen. They are in Coquitlam. The sell mainly wholesale so they only have a tiny showroom in front but are very helpful and have no problem taking debit or visa. Because the showroom is so small you really need to shop with their online catalogue so you know what you want before you get there. Just call ahead to make sure they have in stock what you are looking for.

Edited by CanadianBakin' (log)

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

My name is Angie, I own Well Seasoned ~ a gourmet food store in Langley

302-20771 Langley By Pass (next to Buns Master)

We do have Rosti Rings in stock along with all of the gourmet foods/supplies you will find in most Vancouver specialty stores at very reasonable prices. We are the Fraser Valley's largest gourmet store & cooking school.

Pop in and check it out...

or PM me and I can let you know what we have on hand.

Have you tried:Cooks n Corks in Coquitlam? It is a small gourmet shop run by two ex restaurant employees with alot of passion. Strange name :raz: but a good resource in the burbs.

Here's the website:

http://www.cooksncorks.ca/

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Thanks Angie for letting us know about your store. I'll definitely be heading there in the near future.

And thanks Stephen for the heads up on Cooks n Corks. Two more resources closer to home!!!

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden