• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Murphy-Good

Andre

Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley, Murphy-Goode 1995.

Deep concentrated red shifting into a brick colored rim

The wine is extremely slow to open but a massive nose emerges with patience showing a concentrated fresh prune juice nose, spicy notes and chocolate liquer.

Smooth on the entry to the mouth with a sharp lively acidity, powerful structure based on prunes and blackberries with a minty / spicy finish.

A wonderful example of a good Alexander valley Cabernet.

Drink 2006-2009.

Tasted July 6th 2006.

Since this bottle was bought a while ago [ October 1997 ] I am not updated on their current wines. At the time, the major attraction was a very good Sauvignon Blanc they produced. I hope partners Tim Murphy, Dale Goode and Dave Ready are doing well today.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

I hope partners Tim Murphy, Dale Goode and Dave Ready are doing well today.

It was reproted on June 23rd that Murphy-Goode had agreed to be purchased by Kendall-Jackson to be part of the Jackson Family Farms portfolio.

K-J buys the label and inventory. They winery facility will be leased back to Jackson Family Farms and the Murphy family's vineyards will continue to supply the grapes.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1036/BUSINESS01

David

Thank you for the update.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.