• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frog's Legs

Lreda

I would have got them through the restaurant but it's already the weekend. A chef-friend of mine is having a party for the game tomorrow and wants to serve frog's legs. Does anyone know where I could obtain 5-10 lbs by 12 noon? He thinks it's good luck for us Italians to eat The French before we beat The French. :raz:

Edited by Lreda (log)

He thinks it's good luck for us Italians to eat The French before we beat The French. :raz:

:laugh:

Howzabout checking your local Asian grocery store?

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Lou, why not make things easy and have steak frites? Wash it all down with a Cote Du Rhone or Bordeaux and you've got a meal that people would actually want to eat.

BTW, I wouldn't be so sure about winning. France did have an easier semi final match and they did beat Brazil in the quarters.

Edited to remove pointless political commentary which would have gotten this post yanked off of eG faster than you could say "stash". :biggrin:

Edited by dbrociner (log)

You're lucky you yanked that political crap off a fine food board such as this, which never steers off course. David, if you can sneak out I am offering you the chance to join us fine Italian fans in rooting our team on. After we eat The French, we will be eating rabbit, homemade pasta and other stuff that Italians eat while watching soccer. Have to say though, I'll probably drink California wine.

Forza Italia!!!

lou-

i've seen frozen frog's legs recently -either shoprite of wharton or jerry's seafood in sparta - sorry but i can't remember where. you might give them a call - course the asian market on 10 could have them as well.

ps - there's always time to get banned

nb - viva la france!!! - and i don't freakin give a rat's ass(to keep it in food terms) about soccer...just a contrarian - as you know. have fun and don't eat - er- drink too much

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Got'em at the Asian market. Decided I'll hit the Farmer's Market early and get Artisan bread for.................French Toast in the morning with my orange juice and...............Grey Goose. :shock:

Eat French and they'll woo ya over, Lou...

Go France; Way To Go Amelie...! (Wimbledon)

~waves

"When you look at the face of the bear, you see the monumental indifference of nature. . . . You see a half-disguised interest in just one thing: food."

Werner Herzog; NPR interview about his documentary "Grizzly Man"...

Eating frogs for lunch while the Azzurri eat frogs on the pitch. LOL!

Forza Azzurri!

Edited by richl2214 (log)

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

Well, in the US, particularly this area, there will be a lot more people rooting for Italy, particularly those with Italian ancestry. I would bet that most of those folks have never been to Italy nor France, so they have never tasted "real" Italian cuisine...

My ideal pipe dream is to watch the game from Menton, France, right smack on the Italian border, on the Riviera. (My name sake). If France wins, stay there and celebrate, with some local tarte au citron. If Italy wins, just take a 10 minute drive to Ventimiglia, and immerse in the festivities, partaking in pesto and gelato!! :biggrin:

Well, in the US, particularly this area, there will be a lot more people rooting for Italy, particularly those with Italian ancestry.  I would bet that most of those folks have never been to Italy nor France, so they have never tasted "real" Italian cuisine...

My ideal pipe dream is to watch the game from Menton, France, right smack on the Italian border, on the Riviera.  (My name sake).  If France wins, stay there and celebrate, with some local tarte au citron.  If Italy wins, just take a 10 minute drive to Ventimiglia, and immerse in the festivities, partaking in pesto and gelato!!  :biggrin:

I'd rather be in Roma in Piazza Navona cracking open some French champagne tonight and partying until the sun comes up. I was there a week after 1982 World Cup winning and the streets were still electric!!

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

What food will you eat to celebrate? I just made a thin as paper margherita pizza on my stone.

Viva Italia!

I guess the frog's legs worked their magic!

Congrats to all the Italia fans!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Maybe we should have had frog's heads after Z Zidane's stupid head butt. I'm exausted but we had rabbit, frog's legs, Heirloom tomato, potato, asparagus & red onion salad. I've finally bought a digital camera annd once I learn how to download I'll post some pics.

Forza Azzuri!!!

Eat French and they'll woo ya over, Lou...

Go France; Way To Go Amelie...! (Wimbledon)

Oh, well... it was a close game, and one team had to lose. But yes, Amélie won, and today's Tour de France stage was won by a big margin by Salvati (a Frenchman).

Actually, cuisses and lapin are not overly popular in France; a more ubiquitous dish would probably be Steack frites.

For the Italy win, I vote for the Carbonara, authentic style, (no cream!!) that we spoke of recently on another thread.

YES!

Margherita went over too well. I ended up making 4 of them! Looks like this party won't stop anytime soon and damn good thing I'm my own boss and can opt out of work tomorrow. LOL! We are on our 5th bottle of Nebbiolo and copius amounts of figs with balsamico. I don't see and end to this party yet.

Viva Italia! Viva Azzurri!

Buh-Bye Ziggy

Edited by richl2214 (log)

Lou - your culinary sorcery obviously too powerful; must have made Z lose his mind!

Congrat's to Italy - Germany was a great World Cup, one that will keep rivalries fresh for at least four years...

Allez Fut!

~waves

"When you look at the face of the bear, you see the monumental indifference of nature. . . . You see a half-disguised interest in just one thing: food."

Werner Herzog; NPR interview about his documentary "Grizzly Man"...