• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sage Bistro

A group of us had a really nice lunch today at Sage Bistro on UBC campus (near the Chan Centre and Belkin Gallery). I really enjoyed my meal. The entire menu is a short fresh sheet that changes every week to stay abreast of the seasons. I had the jerk pork tenderloin with potato salad and local veggies. The plate was colorful and the food was full of the flavors of summer. The wine list is well-chosen and very reasonable priced with some hard-to-find BC wines. The Joie Pinot Noir Rosé was a recent addition to the menu. The view on the patio is stunning, but make sure you get there early to get a seat in the sun. The museum of Anthropology and the Botanical Gardens are just around the corner, so you can bring out-of town friends and make a day of it--head down to Wreck Beach for dinner. (Note that Sage is open weekdays for breakfast and lunch.)

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

A group of us had a really nice lunch today at Sage Bistro on UBC campus (near the Chan Centre and Belkin Gallery). I really enjoyed my meal. The entire menu is a short fresh sheet that changes every week to stay abreast of the seasons. I had the jerk pork tenderloin with potato salad and local veggies. The plate was colorful and the food was full of the flavors of summer. The wine list is well-chosen and very reasonable priced with some hard-to-find BC wines. The Joie Pinot Noir Rosé was a recent addition to the menu. The view on the patio is stunning, but make sure you get there early to get a seat in the sun. The museum of Anthropology and the Botanical Gardens are just around the corner, so you can bring out-of town friends and make a day of it--head down to Wreck Beach for dinner. (Note that Sage is open weekdays for breakfast and lunch.)

Can you give me an idea of the prices. I have friends coming in from out of time who will be watching their budget. They are on a cruise and will be here for three days. They are staying at the Pan Pacific so that is where their money is going..smile. They want to go to the Anthrological Museum so this place caught my attention. Could you give me an idea of the prices? Would be greatly appreciated.

Samasutra

Never met a vegetable I never liked except well okra!