• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fruit Pie Storage?

Kim Shook

Dumb question.  Do I need to refrigerate fruit pie?  It is peach, if that matters.  Thanks!

I never do, though that doesn't mean you shouldn't. There is enough sugar in there to keep contamination from happening in the time it takes me to eat it.

Dumb question.  Do I need to refrigerate fruit pie?  It is peach, if that matters.  Thanks!

I always do, but that's because I prefer to eat pie cold.

SB :raz:

Ooh. Cold pie with cream of half and half for breakfast! Breakfast of champions in my book.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Mr. Kim looked this up for me and remarked how quickly we (egulleteers) deteriorate from constructive advice to drooling food worship. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He was afraid that if I reported this, he would offend someone. I told him that we have entire threads making fun of ourselves for this kind of thing.

So I am going to leave it out, right? They (there are actually 2 pies - for 4 people - that's another thread) and we should eat them by Monday. We all agree that I won't be poisoning anyone! Thanks!

Two pies, four people, several days? That would be a day and a half at most in my house. Remember the basic rules of nutrition. This, of course, assumes that you topi it with ice cream, whipped cream, creme fraiche of something. You've got the fruit group covered. Grain (crust). Fat (crust). Fibre (fruit and grain). Dairy (topping). Voila! A perfect food!

I'm an ultimate justifier.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"