• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pussers 15yr (Trafalgar)

Just wanted to see if anyone has tasted the Pussers 15yr rum that was available in the Trafalgar anniversary decanter. I couldn't find any reviews in a search of the forum, hopefully someone on here got the decanter and broke the seal.

Anyway, as for the regular Pussers (Blue), it's my go-to as a mixer for painkillers, coladas, and mojitos. For sipping, I have to have something sweeter like Zacapa 23. I appreciate the fact that Pussers was created to give us a taste of history, and one of these days plan to drag my wife to Tortola.

If you like Pusser's Blue Label you'll like the 15 yr rum. It's heavy like you would expect with a lot of character and smoky oak flavors.

There are a number of Navy rums out there, but Pusser's is the closest I've tasted to the rum given to the Royal Navy sailors until 1971.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Thanks for the comments Ed. I've been keeping an eye out for the Trafalgar, but I'd rather be given the option of buying the rum and not the anniversary decanter.

Though, where decanters are concerned, it's a damn fine lookin' one. Just can't drink it, and therein lies the problem.