• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Captain Morgan Tattoo

jediNord

So I was given a bottle of this stuff as a gift. A friend of my wife knew that I was a rum drinker, but knows nothing about rum. Obviously.

But, feeling it my duty to always try something I have never had before, I cracked it open and had a taste.

:wacko:

What the hell IS that stuff?

Later on I looked it up and seems to be the general concensus is that is is CM's answer to Jagermeister.

If that's their answer, I must ask: "What the hell was the question?!"

Syrupy with some very odd flavor... blackberry, maybe? Not anise like Jager, but that same kind of cough medicine taste...

Sounds like a miniature bottle with a white label...

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I'm still trying to figure out what they weren't thinking when Diageo came out with that Tattoo. But with their influence in the market they've gotten it out on a number of bars around the country, but I've yet to meet anyone who has had a second drink of Captain Morgan Tattoo.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

You know it's sketch when the recipe on the front page is basically a rum and Red Bull

exactly... they are competing against the now-ubiquitous (and quite vile, IMO) Jager Bomb...

blech...