• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with Shipping

njduchess

The current issue right now is that I am trying to ship a bottle of Luxardo Maraschino to a friend in Wisconsin. I live in New Jersey.

The last few times I shipped a bottle of wine or liquor to them, I had problems either at UPS - flatly refusing to ship alcohol or the Post Office who had the same issue. I lied and said the sloshing they heard was a bottle of olive oil in a plastic bottle. I really hated to lie, so I thought I would try a different route this time. I called my local wine merchant to get him to ship it, and he told me that although he could ship wine, he was not permitted to ship the hard stuff. I tried an on-line supplier in California, and they could not ship to Wisconsin.

Am I comitting a crime by shipping liquor or are there other shippers who would handle it without a problem - FedEx or DHL?

Thanks for your help.

Marie

NJDuchess