• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Garden Plate Magazine

Phil Ward

Yes, this is a bit self serving as I am the wine writer for this new publication. But that having been written, I am also a huge supporter of their focus on food, drink, wine, and agriculture in our "garden" state.

It is available from Tomato Media, PO Box 699, Somerville, NJ 08876 or

http://www.gardenplate.com

It should be available in August at many book stores and grocery stores on the magazine racks.

Thanks and I hope some of you pick this mag up. I have enjoyed the experience of writing for them as well as their articles in the first two issues.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

I just picked up a copy of this--I do applaud the goals--and emphasis on local growers and ingredients.

I emailed the editor with a few ideas for articles that I 'd be interested to do for the mag--boo hoo--haven't heard back yet.

congrats on your gig!

So does that mean it is on the news stands now? It looks great and I want to get a copy!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

I think the next issue will be on the stands--the first two were mailed out to selected zips (not mine, I got my copy from the mag exchange at the library).

Zoe

So does that mean it is on the news stands now?  It looks great and I want to get a copy!

It will be on selected news stands for the next issue which will be released at the end of July.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

• 1 month later...

the Aug/Sept issue just arrived--and your article, Phil, about the opportunity to drink some princely wines--wow.

that was a fascinating piece--and a fascinating experience--I wish the article was longer so you could go into more detail about the individual wines!

Zoe