• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Staub Cast Iron Cookware in TO

I am beginning to see Staub all over the place. The availability really depends on the piece you are looking for. Costco was carrying a Staub two pack (3.5 Qt and 1.5 Qt I think) for really good price in red for awhile. You could also consider other enameled cookware such as Le Creuset, Chasseur, and Fontignac.

Mark

I am beginning to see Staub all over the place.  The availability really depends on the piece you are looking for.  Costco was carrying a Staub two pack (3.5 Qt and 1.5 Qt I think) for really good price in red for awhile.  You could also consider other enameled cookware such as Le Creuset, Chasseur, and Fontignac.

Mark

Winners, also has a selection of enameled cookware from time to time. You could also consider some Lodge cast iron cookware? Doesn't have the cachet, but does a fantastic job after seasoning!

Edited by thomasevan (log)

I have the two piece Staub from Costco, last year, but it is still in the box! I began to use a low price Chinese knock off (La Campagne from the Bay) after I ruined a Creuset casserole left too long over hot coals (haven't had the nerve to return it yet). The low priced enamel cast iron has been great, and stands up to my usual abuse. The only thing it does not have is the recessed lid of the Staub, but I had to pay a lot to get that.

It really does seem hard to find Staub here.

Jayt90 - where did you get your chinese knock offs?

Hudson's Bay had them a couple of years ago. They are called La Campagne, but I don't know if they still have them. I stopped visiting the Bay after I found their higher grade store called Outfitters, which I still visit regularly.

• 1 month later...

IKEA now has a small line of enamelled, cast-iron cookware -- shallow saucepans in large and small, and a casserole/dutch oven-type pan in large (though more like a medium if you compare it to something like Le Creuset) and small. All pieces only in red. All made in France.

We bought the large pan for around $45, I think, and have been pretty happy with it, but it gets fairly light use in our house. Has anyone else seen these or tried them out? Opinions?

(my first post ever on egullet... :wub: )