• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

95 Monbousquet

DTBarton

I have some 95 Bordeaux that are still pretty tannic. Last night, had a 95 Monbousquet that was very nice.

Not too heavy, nice balance of fruit and tannin, some sediment in the bottle. Delicious with grilled sirloin and fresh squash casserole.

If you have 95s from St Emilion, good time to check them out.

I have some 95 Bordeaux that are still pretty tannic.  Last night, had a 95 Monbousquet that was very nice.

Not too heavy, nice balance of fruit and tannin, some sediment in the bottle.  Delicious with grilled sirloin and fresh squash casserole. 

Thanks for the advice. i will have to check for myself. I have some Monbousquet amongst others. I haven't tried one in a while.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 2 weeks later...
I have some 95 Bordeaux that are still pretty tannic.  Last night, had a 95 Monbousquet that was very nice.

Not too heavy, nice balance of fruit and tannin, some sediment in the bottle.  Delicious with grilled sirloin and fresh squash casserole. 

Thanks for the advice. i will have to check for myself. I have some Monbousquet amongst others. I haven't tried one in a while.

I'm sure your familiar with the 1998 vintage of this wine - This is the vintage that I most admired from them ( tasted 1998 - 2003)

I'm sure your familiar with the 1998 vintage of this wine - This is the vintage that I most admired from them ( tasted 1998 - 2003)

Darrell-

How is the '98 drinking now? I have a case, haven't tried one yet. Sounds like you've had some, should I dive in?

Darrell-

How is the '98 drinking now?  I have a case, haven't tried one yet.  Sounds like you've had some, should I dive in?

If you haven't cracked open a bottle yet - Please do! I tried a bottle of the 1998 in 2002 and then another one in 2004. Drinking absolutely delicious now, but still can go many years!

Edited by Darrell Gibson (log)