• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4th of July Long Weekend

denise madison

:smile:

Is your weekend planned around dining? At home grilling; chilling with friends; or eating your way through NJ restaurants?

I am planning to have friends over at least one night; One invite to a friend so far; one or two night visits to restaurants (hopefully outdoor dining) in Montclair and/or Morristown.

What are your plans?

Is your weekend planned around dining? At home grilling; chilling with friends; or eating your way through NJ restaurants?

I am planning to have friends over at least one night; One invite to a friend so far; one or two night visits to restaurants (hopefully outdoor dining) in Montclair and/or Morristown.

What are your plans?

Just curious, but where would you plan on eating in Morristown? I left there around six months ago -- I never found anywhere there (outside of Sushi Lounge) that I would make special plans to visit, especially if I wanted to eat outdoors.

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

We shall be dining in the DC/VA area whilst house-hunting and/or buying! Now that we sold our home we will discover new and exciting restaurants down there no doubt. We usually have BBQ's here at home (was considering Silver Oak Bistro and their BBQ take home specials.) but not this year, we'll be there and here all week long.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

What are your plans?

Just curious, but where would you plan on eating in Morristown? I left there around six months ago -- I never found anywhere there (outside of Sushi Lounge) that I would make special plans to visit, especially if I wanted to eat outdoors.

We do go to the Sushi Lounge (not outdoor) and we like Andaman Sea (Thai) and Mogul (Indian). Sometimes we will do drinks/apps at Pazo or lunch at Dublin Pub or The Office enjoy an outdoor dining experience.

As for Montclair, the list can go on and on for choices. Passionne, Blue, Corso 98, Fascino, Epernay, Table 8, and am dying to try Cullinaire. Doesn't matter indoor or out.

working.....except for sunday and tuesday.

planning on having a friend and her husband over for a grill session on tuesday - i'll see what looks good at the farmer's market on sunday for sides but the main event will be ny strip steaks. i'm going to try my hand at smoking some salmon and will use that for a starter - tucked inside a crepe with some tapenade. shrimp will definitely make an appearance - probably marinated and grilled. something with fresh cherries for dessert.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Hmm... having some friends around on Saturday, so I think it is going to be some ribs done on the smoker, with some Best's hot dogs done on the grill. Backed up with some homemade potato salad, and washed down with Stella Artois :)

I will be firing up my smoker with a brisket on Saturday but we have reservations at Nicholas for next Saturday!!! (my Father's Day present!)

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!

Hmm... having some friends around on Saturday, so I think it is going to be some ribs done on the smoker, with some Best's hot dogs done on the grill.  Backed up with some homemade potato salad, and washed down with Stella Artois :)

Sounds great! I am also planning to grill some Best hot dogs (Syd's 5 to a lb natural casing) that will be accompanied by a couple of Pilsner Urquells.

John the hot dog guy